Friday, June 25

twilight's ashley green "doesn't do the diet thing anymore"

Ashley Greene of Twilight fame was Women's Health's July/August cover-girl and damn, was she looking smoking hot of the cover. I am fully jealous... Noooooo bigs...

Eclipse's Ashley Greene admits that despite the pressure for actresses to be skinny, she doesn't want a pin-thin frame.

"A lot of people like to be supertiny, but I don't want a child's body," she tells the July/August issue of Women's Health. "I want a woman's body that's extremely fit. It's so much sexier."

The 23-year-old actress did "side planks for my obliques, which are one of my trouble areas" while gearing up for the action scenes in Eclipse.

"And traditional planks tone your back so you don't have that little bit of fat hanging over your bra," Greene adds.

But the 5-foot-5 star says that even though she's an avid gym-goer, she isn't one to count calories.

"I don't do the diet thing anymore," Greene admits. "I'm a big believer in feeding your body what it needs. Deny yourself something and you're going to end up shoving your face full of it."

It seems like she has a good head on her shoulders and is surrounded by a great network of people who value true beauty and working hard. I am SO happy to see someone who believes in being fit and staying healthy the natural way is advocating working hard and not dieting. So many people want things the easy way and usually resort to starving themselves (obv, myself NOT included) instead of workin' up a sweat for once. Hopefully young girls and women will see how amazzzze Ashley looks and will be inspired in a whole other way; fitness is sexier! I mean, look at those abs, hot dang. I'd better hit the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whatd'ya think?